When lighting a bedroom, you will want to create an overall atmosphere of quiet relaxation, while providing some bright spots for reading and other activities. A combination of general and task lighting that takes into account the age and lifestyle of the occupant(s) is needed. Remember, dimming controls give you the flexibility to vary the light to suit different moods and activities.
Bedroom lighting ideas and wall-mounted fixtures.
Wall-Mounted Fixtures can furnish general, task, and accent lighting. Today’s choices of wall-mounted fixtures is vast. You can select a decorative theme that can be carried throughout the home or a look designed to blend into your bedroom decor.
Bedroom ceiling lighting.
Semi Flush or Ceiling Fixtures provide general lighting. They are practical in areas such as foyers, hallways, bedrooms, kitchens, baths, laundry rooms, playrooms, and dens. They are available with incandescent, fluorescent, halogen, xenon, and energy-efficient compact fluorescent bulbs.
Another set of bedroom lighting ideas is to hang pendants next to the bed, or install recessed downlights in the ceiling over the bed. A way of directing light over the top of the bed is to properly place two recessed lights independently switched to control each light individually.
Bedroom lights: General lighting.
General, ambient lighting can be provided by ceiling fixtures, chandeliers, fan lights, recessed downlights or wall sconces, giving you the illumination you need to dress and see into drawers and closets.
Don’t forget children’s rooms.
Children’s rooms will benefit from the use of properly placed track lights, which can be swiveled, rotated, and aimed in a direction to shed light on play areas, hobbies, or homework. As the child grows older, the fixtures can be moved and redirected toward a stereo cabinet or sitting area.
Closet lighting ideas.
For closets, recessed or close-to-the-ceiling fixtures give you good general lighting without taking up much space. Closets are a good place to save energy by using compact fluorescent bulbs.
Bedroom reading lights.
Next to the bed, portable lamps provide plenty of light for reading, or you can install swing-arm wall lamps to free up the space on your end tables. Another idea is to hang pendants next to the bed or install recessed downlights in the ceiling over the bed.
Dressing table mirror with lights.
At the dressing table, a table along with a lighted magnifying mirror will provide ideal lighting for grooming and applying makeup.
You may also like:
- Dining Room Lighting Fixtures – Some Inspirational Types
- Make The Beauty Your Home More Beautiful With Chandelier
- DIY Modern Farmhouse Murphy Bed – How To Build The…
- 17 Gorgeous DIY Organizing Outdoor Lighting Ideas
- 26 Perennial Garden Design Ideas Inspire You To Improve Your…
- 28 Gazebo Lighting Ideas And Projects For Your Backyard
- Interesting Handmade Home Accessories In Your Decor
- 25 Decoration Ideas For The Wall Behind The Headboard Of…
- 25 Amazing Steel Front Doors Which Makes House More Affordable
- 4 Modern apartment plans with 2 bedroom by Jermey Gamelin
- Important Steps Involved in Garden Maintenance
- 15 Samples of Great Futuristic Urban Design
- Fall In Love With Vintage And Victorian Style Design
- Wonderful Warehouse Conversion: A Lot Of Light, Plants And Car…
- 60 Interior Design Ideas With Top Moldings From Real Apartments…
- 10 Amazing Luxury Bedroom Furniture Ideas
- World Largest Luxury Apartment In New York On 1680 Square…
- 25 Gorgeous Indoor Water Fountains as Home Decor
- 1223 Oxford Lane Naperville Luxury Custom Estate Home
- 12 Front Door Curtains Ideas As An Elements Of Decoration.
- 9 Useful And Clever Storage Ideas For All Home
- 21 luxury swimming pools with unique style concept
- Glass And Steel Renovation With Bedroom Bridge
- 7 Home Improvement And Remodeling Ideas that Increase Home Value
- Better Looking with Backyard Landscaping Ideas
- Adorning Your Christmas Tree
- Some kitchen renovation ideas for you
- Oak Hardwood Flooring Like The Best Choice For Your Home.
- Two bedroom house plans by Crescent Ninth Street and Domaine…
- 30 Trends with floating bathroom vanity and sink cabinets.
- Original Fabulous Green Dining Room
- Awesome kitchen window ideas for sweety home
- Baby Room Ideas
- 45 Contemporary Living Rooms with Sectional Sofas
- 50 Gorgeous Decks and Patios With Hot Tubs
- Main living room lighting ideas tips
- These 32 Do-It-Yourself Backyard Ideas For Summer Are Totally Awesome.…
- Girls Nursery Ideas Must Be Available For Every Princess
- Grey Bathroom Ideas: The Classic Color In Great Solutions.
- 20 Girls Bedroom Ideas with Pictures
- Country Bathroom Vanities – A Good Choice to Go For
- Space Saver Cabinets and Bathroom Space Savers
- Best Way to Clean Hardwood Floors
- Zen and the Art of Bathing: 12 Serene Soaking Tubs
- 10 Lovely Cottage Garden Flowers Ideas For Your Pleasure
- Stainless steel utility sink in kitchen design ideas.
- Traditional Family-Friendly Kitchen
- The Helpful Guide to Holiday Lights
- Fitted Bedroom Designs: Some Amazing Features and Options
- Bathroom Remodeling Costs
- Bedroom Paint Color Choices Minimalist 2015