1. Lower your living room to create a conversation pit.
The bi-level living room will give your home an incredibly spacious yet cozy effect.
2. Turn an attic nook into a pillow room.
What is life but one long, perpetual movie-night slumber party?
3. Display your book collection under the stairs.
Next-level wine collection not included, unfortunately.
6. Dogs are people, too, which is why your dog should probably get his or her own little haven underneath the stairs.
7. Make space for two dishwashers instead of one.
You can load one while the other washes. KitchenAid also makes a double drawer dishwasher.
8. If you’re doing a HUGE remodel, ask your contractor about tacking on a treehouse or guesthouse.
This add-on might cost less than you think.
9. Turn your shabby garden shed into a charming artist’s shed.
With big windows for lots of light and visual inspiration.
10. Install an in-wall pest control system.
Pest-tube installation means that all the exterminator has to do is inject some stuff into one end to keep insects and rodents away.
13. Make your walls MAGNETIC.
Magnektik makes large magnetic panels that are strong enough to hang anything, including shelves and TVs.
14. An S-shaped seat turns your shower or steam room into one you can LIE DOWN IN.
Insane in le bain.
17. Install chutes in your kitchen for your trash and recycling.
Funnel them straight into the garage.
23. Put a sink with jets in your laundry room so you have a convenient place to wash your delicates.
25. Two words: VACUUM BASEBOARDS.
This sorcery actually exists.
29. Install a two-sided fireplace between the bathroom and the bedroom.
Who needs heated tiles when you have a bathroom fireplace?
31. And finally, go ahead and add that master bedroom balcony.
You deserve a quiet, tranquil place to look out over your land.
Table of Contents