Most people dread the hottest months of the year. From relying more heavily on our air conditioners to saturating our yards to prevent our lawns from dying to taking seemingly 10 showers a day to de-sweat ourselves, we spend a lot of money keeping our homes and ourselves cool every summer.
Here are 10 of our top energy-saving tips for spring:
1. Ceiling fans
Install ceiling fans and use them. Ceiling fans can make your rooms feel a few degrees cooler and circulate air to make you more comfortable.
2. Schedule annual air conditioner service
This is one of those vitally important tasks a lot of us just forget to do. But making sure your A/C is in peak performance is integral to extending its life and saving you money in the process.
3. Install weatherstripping
Install weatherstripping to close up gaps around windows and doors. Weatherstripping prevents air leaks, which make your home hotter and cause your A/C to work harder.
4. Clean your refrigerator coils
Like clean air conditioner filters, clean refrigerator coils make your fridge not work so hard and prolong its life.
5. Install low-flow shower heads
Low-flow shower heads reduce the amount of water you use every time you shower, saving you big over the course of a year.
6. Replace burned out light bulbs
Replace burned out light bulbs with energy-efficient CFLs. CFLs last seemingly forever and use a fraction of the energy you’re use to.
7. Save heat-generating chores for nighttime
Save heat-generating chores for nighttime to avoid making your home unnecessarily hot during the day. Your house is already hot enough. Don’t add to the heat by running dish washers, ovens, clothes dryers, and the like. Run those appliances at night or early in the morning to minimize the effects of the heat.
8. Turn down your hot water heater
This actually saves you all year, but let’s face it .. you could definitely afford to save a few bucks by turning down the water heat this Spring.
9. Dress appropriately
Just like you add layers in the winter, wear cool, breathable clothes to prevent yourself from overheating in the spring and summer. Doing so reduces your dependence on your A/C to keep you cool.
10. Do some spring cleaning
Get rid of excess clothing, old furniture, books you’ve already read, and unused appliances to save some space in your house and keep you cooler.
Now’s the time to start saving on your spring energy bills and get a head start on summer.
You may also like:
- 17 Cool bedroom designs for men
- A Perfect Idea For Kitchen – The Star Galaxy Granite…
- 33 Incredible Ideas Of Hobbit House Design In Real Life
- 27 Amazing Ideas Of Modern Storage Closet For You Home
- 25 modern bedrooms with influential minimalist
- 25 Bedroom Interior Design Ideas – Seating For Comfortable Sitting
- 15 Awesome Semi-Inground Pools As Great Outdoor Concept
- Some Words About Impressive Venetian Architecture
- 30 Great Inground Swimming Pools With Waterfall And Natural Stone…
- Amazing Designer Bedroom Furniture With A French Flair For Your…
- 17 Amazing Bedroom Ideas For Create A Vibrant And Relaxing…
- How to choose the right bed frame and mattress
- 27 Useful Ideas How To Make More Space For A…
- 20 Contemporary Bedroom Furniture Ideas That Make Your Dream Sweet
- 17 Beautiful Luxury Interior Designs For Living Rooms
- 19 Bedroom Design For Small Spaces With Smart Functional Ideas
- 18 Great Luxury Living Room Decor Ideas That Inspire You…
- 18 Excellent Luxury Living Room Designs With Different Styles
- Japanese soaking tubs for small bathrooms as interesting idea for…
- 5 Kitchen Curtains Ideas With Different Styles
- 22 Beautiful Ideas For Stylish Bed Headboard Designs
- 38 Amazing Ideas Of Red Bedroom Decoration And Covers
- 25 Really Stylish And Extravagant English Bedroom Interior Ideas
- Add a touch of nature to your bedroom
- 19 Prehung Interior French Doors With Frosted Glass As Great…
- 17 Perfect And Luxury Living Room Interiors
- 17 Incredible Luxury Bathrooms For Your Home
- Full Review Of Keylite Flat Roof Windows And Solar Blinds…
- 3 Home Improvement Tips Which Can Make Energy Bills Low
Table of Contents
- 1. Ceiling fans
- 2. Schedule annual air conditioner service
- 3. Install weatherstripping
- 4. Clean your refrigerator coils
- 5. Install low-flow shower heads
- 6. Replace burned out light bulbs
- 7. Save heat-generating chores for nighttime
- 8. Turn down your hot water heater
- 9. Dress appropriately
- 10. Do some spring cleaning