The entrance is a special area of the home – it connects and simultaneously separates the house. The modern front door has to fulfill several functions.
We have 20 front door ideas to overview the different materials and styles.
Modern front door ideas form glass and metal
Currently, many front door ideas combine different materials. If you have a large garden with a high fence, you can opt for a modern front door made of glass and metal. The combination is very trendy and very stylish, and is highly popular for homes in minimalist style.
If you combine a glass door with impressive hallway design your guests will be welcomed in style. Of course, you need to consider your privacy and choose a design that suits your needs.
Front door ideas – classic wood in modern designs
Wooden doors are a timeless classic. In recent years, the trend has prevailed to match the front door with the architecture of the house and we have seen excellent front door ideas. If you have a wood paneled facade or a stone facade, you can opt for a wooden entrance door.
The wooden doors can be combined with glass elements – this gives the design a luxurious look. Wood and metal in solid color look modern and inviting. A wooden door needs regular oiling and painting, so that it could withstand moisture and bad weather in the winter.
Front door ideas from unusual materials
There are quite many front door ideas which feature unusual materials. Some architects opt for front doors made of concrete or metal, copper or stainless steel.
Classic wood in modern design
Exterior doors must be carefully selected to complement and harmonize with the house. Since the front door is the face of your home it is not advisable to experiment with colors and shapes as the main goal is to have a modern, protected and comfortable home. The market offers doors in any color from the palette. For those of you looking for something with clean modern lines, there are many doors with simple yet elegant design. Besides a beautiful appearance front doors should also offer a good security. Heat and noise insulation are also of importance.
Wood and glass combination
Glass doors are typical for modern houses
The entrance is the face of the home
You may also like:
- How to Select the Right Granite for Your Kitchen Countertops
- 57 Impressive Luxury Custom Bathroom Designs Which Will Inspire You…
- 50 Excellent Modern Design Ideas For Living Room
- Some Great Ideas For White Cabinets With Granite Countertops
- Incredible Danish Wooden House Promoting Industrial Beauty
- 8 Interior design ideas with sliding glass doors in contemporary…
- 30+ Inexpensive Bathroom Renovation Ideas
- 12 Pivot Doors Leading To Patios As Alternative To The…
- Home Office Desks: Essential Part Of Everyday Life.
- Fresh interior design ideas for all home